In the 2022-23 academic year Lambach hosted an introductionary course to model aircraft/drone design and manufacturing. It consisted of several lectures, a tutorial session on XFLR5 aerodynamic design and a tutorial on 3D printing.
Afterwards students were invited to come up with their own ideas for projects, form groups, and join Lambach Aircraft to realize them.
Five such groups were formed with the following aims:
- Developing a foldable quadcopter drone
- Optimizing the speed of a fixed-wing aircraft (keeping thrust fixed)
- Creating a water-submergible aircraft
- Creating a R/C replica of a historical plane
- Developing a VTOL canard aircraft
Next year(s) Lambach may host another such course, keep an eye on our socials for updates!